Friday, June 20, 2008

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I think Jack Johnson had lots of people in mind when he wrote the words to that song. In particular - moms that want to have their babies already! LOL!!

This morning Graycen came into our bed at 5:39. That sucked! Thankfully, I was able to get her to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, I was unable to get myself back to sleep :( The reason I couldn't fall asleep wasn't because I wasn't tired - ooh no - it was because I was feeling contractions, regularly. I started timing them - 8 minutes. I laid there through a few of them and decided there was no way I was going to fall back asleep so I grabbed a blanket and went out to the couch. Plopped down on the couch, turned on the TV and how appropriate - Birth Day was on Discovery Health. All of the baby shows on Discovery Health are some of my favorites to watch. I watched for awhile, my contractions continued, I dozed off. Graycen came out around 8:00am - thankfully she slept for a while longer!! We got up and got started with the day. Don't know if the contractions stopped or if I am just not paying attention to them anymore since I'm not just laying there watching TV or what... but it's sucks because I am back to sitting....waiting....wishing...

**Edited to add::::: Sherri and I have been emailing back and forth talking about Parker and maybe choosing which zodiac sign he wanted. If he is born today, he will be a Gemini. If he is born tomorrow or later, he will be a Cancer. She said "maybe he will surprise you and still be a Gemini, but he just can’t make up his mind like a Gemini is prone to flip-flop" Could be, could be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the rest of us are.... maybe Parker wants to make his appearance on his due date. Or can we think of this as his personality coming out now. Just kidding.

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Sending hugs!!!!

This is going to be redundant, but i REALLY hope he comes soon!

Marketing Mama said...

Helllooooo? My hand is getting tired from checking this blog all day! LOL

Can anyone post an update? Is Parker here yet?!

:)