Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Toothpaste = Crayon on the Wall Remover!!

Full list viewable at: Rocks In My Dryer.

A few weeks ago during the themed "What Doesn't Work for me Wednesday" I posted about how Goo Gone does NOT work to get crayon off of walls with matte paint. Someone sent me a response saying NOT to try the Mr Clean Magic Erasers as they will leave a greasy spot on the wall. I am so thankful for that tip because I was going to try it! Well, thankfully my sister in law, Sherri, reads my blog as well! She sent me an email telling me that someone had submitted a tip to her site recommending using toothpaste to get the crayon off.
I tried it. It worked!!
Plain white toothpaste (I bought a tube of $.97 generic toothpaste from Target for this) a white towel and a little elbow grease are what I used. I smoothed some toothpaste onto the markings, let it sit for a minute and then wiped it right off. I followed with a wet towel, just to be sure! YAY!!
So, if you have crayon markings on your walls that have matte paint on them, try it! It works!

6 comments:

LutherLiz said...

who knew? That is a cool tip - i'll have to file that away in to my "when I'm a mom" files! :)

Sherri Osborn said...

Glad I could help! :-)

Katie Osborn said...

Oh that Sherri...she's so handy! Kind of like inspector gadget somedays...haha!

Memarie Lane said...

the magic erasers just plain don't work on crayon. well, they might if you sit there rubbing the wall for three days, but if it takes longer than ten seconds its better just paint. i haven't tried toothpaste, but lighter fluid works on marker fyi.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear it. That's my girl, I would like to think I had something to do with that.. but NOT. Sherri is smarter than me..so I know it is not my genes that gave her the smarts.

Dathel said...

it works! thank you