- Walmart's Parent's Choice Diapers - No matter what, they always leak! The generic diapers I use are Target's. I just saw that Cub has some out now, we might have to give them a whirl.
- Using Goo Gone to get crayon off of walls with matte paint - Graycen has decided to make our home an art exhibit and there are 5 different walls that have crayon on them. I read that you can use Goo Gone to get it off - super easily - so I tried it. The first wall I tried was the wall that the kitchen/dining room share, so it was a glossy wall. It worked wonders!! The next wall was a wall with matte paint. All it did was make the situation worse. Yay! Any suggestions?
- Tums, Rolaids and Maalox - When you are pregnant, very pregnant, Tums, Rolaids and Maalox just don't work to kill the heartburn at night! I have found something that *does* work though!! Pepcid Complete!! YAY!!
- Desitin for diaper rash - Desitin has never worked for Graycen and her diaper rashes. What I did find that works is Balmex OR Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I like Balmex a lot more, though!
- The Grocery Game - In my desperate attempt to save more money for our family, I decided to try it. It just doesn't work for me. Maybe it's because I am not 100% committed to sitting down and searching for things.. AUGH!
- Juice Boxes for a toddler - Graycen thinks it's more fun to squeeze the juice box than to drink out of it. I bought a Juice Box Buddy, which actually came in the mail yesterday, that we need to give a shot! Hope it works!
- Dollar Store Baby Wipes - There was a day that we were out, I was desperate for some baby wipes and there was a Dollar Store. I decided to buy a pack since they were only a dollar. Well, I used them that time and tossed them out as soon as we got home. They were absolutely horrible!!! Very scratchy, way too over scented and well, really wet.
- Munchkin Stay-Put Suction Bowls - These bowls are horrible!!! I bought them for Graycen when we were first trying to teach her to self-feed. They would be great if they would actually form a suction to the table or high chair tray, but they don't. The tops are also really hard to get off/on. I don't recommend buying them for this feature but they are great, sturdy bowls otherwise.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment for Eczema - When Graycen was a little baby she had a mild case of Eczema. The doctor recommended we use Aquaphor for it. I bought it, I tried it, I hated it, it didn't work. After many failed attempts with this stuff, my aunt recommended Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Body Creme. Boy was this stuff wonderful!!! It worked for Graycen's Eczema, my dry heels and my scratchy elbows! Many more uses. I still have the bottle, which we paid $6.00 for, back in December of 2006. That's a product that definitely is worth your money. All you need is a little bit to do the trick!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
This list could go on forever...
This week's version of Works for me Wednesday has been switched to DOESN'T Work for me Wednesday. This will be a fun edition. You can find the whole list over at Rocks In My Dryer. Since I know I have come across *many* items in the 20 months that Graycen has been around that don't work for me, I will use baby/kid/toddler/family items or issues! Here starts the list!