Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Works for me Wednesday :: Thickening up the too thin mashed potatoes

For starters, let me say I am sure so many of you have already figured this one out and you're probably saying, "Uh, duh!" But I was so shocked, surprised and happy when I figured this one out all on my own!
I was making mashed potatoes to go with dinner the other night when I accidentally added too much milk. Crap! What was I going to do? All of a sudden I was struck with my genius idea! Add potato flakes! I added little by little until I came up with the super thick consistency that we like and voila!
I really couldn't believe it was as easy as that and that I had never thought of that before! I will have to be sure to remember that when I make mashed potatoes ahead of time and put them in the slowcooker. Seems that every time I do that, they get a little runnier.

To check out more tips by lots of wonderful bloggers - head on over to We Are That Family.

2 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that either!

Anonymous said...

Good idea, but what about those of us that don't have FAKE potato flakes in our cubbard... I was taught to use a little flour...but to much would take the potato take away... so I like your idea better.