Sunday, December 7, 2008

10 Things about David

I saw this on my Emily's blog and thought it was cute. I decided to do it, too.
The game is to list 10 things about your significant other. I started writing and before I knew it I was over 10 so I will keep them there. Like Emily, I'm not going to tag anyone. If you decide to play along, let me know - I'd love to come read yours!

  • He eats salt with his cauliflower and sugar with apples & strawberries.
  • He's a HUGE nerd. He loves comics and anything Star Wars or Marvel related. He even got a Obi-Wan's lightsaber tattooed on the side of his forearm.
  • His favorite football team is the Indianapolis Colts - and this was BEFORE they won the Super Bowl.
  • He is a fantastic, loving, phenomial, doting, caring husband! Ok, so there are a million more words to describe him as a husband but I might have to get out the dictionary to find them all.
  • He's an even better father!
  • He cried harder than I did when Graycen was born. He's super sensitive even if he doesn't seem like it. Want to know why? Ask his mom - she'll tell you why! LOL **Ma, I just have to give you crap!**
  • He has a huge heart. For many reasons. I really could list them all day long! This is definitely my favorite quality about him!!
  • He loves shoes, hats and shirts. He owns more pairs of shoes than I do. I think if we had the money for it, he would collect them.
  • Some of his favorites shows are Robot Chicken, Family Guy, Unwrapped or almost anything on the Food Network, Sports Center (go figure!) and The Office (US Version)
  • He would be lost in this world without music. I swear he has music running through every vein in his body.
  • Some of his favorite actors are Will Farrell, John C. Reilly, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Steve Carrell, Ben Stiller, Jason Schwartzman (just to name a few - there's LOTS more!) oh, I can't forget the one that I hate the most - Christopher Walken.
  • Every time he has a show he tries on at least 2 shirts before leaving. That's not it, he watches himself "perform" in the mirror wearing it so he knows if he likes it. I don't think he knows that I know he does this but since he doesn't hang up his shirts after he tries them on (he sticks them on the shelf above the hanger bar) I can tell what he has tried on. And I have caught the tail end of him performing in the mirror. It's cute, actually.
  • He seems to forget everything I ever tell him yet he can remember hundreds of jersey numbers and the sports figure associated with the number as well as the team they play for.
  • He's not afraid of looking stupid and pretty much doesn't care what other people think.
  • The man's got a sense of humor like nobody else I have ever met. This is probably my second favorite quality about him. He can *always* make me (or anyone else) laugh!
  • For as long as I have known him, he's wanted to own his own record store.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew some of these... wasn't surprised and some of them and learned something new about my son.
Thank you.. I what I did to Dave once did not make him sensitive.. it is because he is part of me. Love you for this info though.

kristine said...

Ma, I was totally kidding about what you did to him.. "Awww, Dave.. what's the maaaaterrr???" Liek I said - I had to give you crap!

Jeni said...

How funny, your nerd sounds a lot like mine. Except the musical part, my poor husband couldn't carry a tune in his shoe.

Marketing Mama said...

Oh funny! So did he approve this post or are you going to have to pay for it later??? Did David ever go to that science museum exhibit?

Anti-Supermom said...

My internet was down all last week, what a great list.

Contemplating if I should subject my husband...