*we have suckers in our mouths, if you were wondering..*
Some interesting facts about our relationship...
- Grade school wise, David grew up just about 1 mile from where I was growing up.
- David and I went to the same grade school. I don't remember this but David does: The boys always played kickball at recess, well apparently he kicked the ball that hit me in the head. I have no idea how old I was or anything and I think it's very interesting that David remembers this and I don't.
- When I was in 8th grade my friend, Nikki, was so excited for me to come to high school the next year because there was 'this guy' I just had to meet - and would totally love! It was David..
- I met David on my first day of my freshman year of high school. Nikki was right, I was smitten.
- On my 15th birthday (I was in 9th grade) We were sitting in the cafeteria. I had my hand around my juice can when all of a sudden, a piece of pizza came flying across the cafeteria and landed right on the top of my hand/pop can. I heard TONS of laughing from a bunch of guys on the other side of the cafeteria. Who threw it? David! He didn't throw it at me, he just threw it and it happened to land on my hand.
- Our winter formal was coming up -it was going to be held on Valentine's Day. I decided I was going to ask David. The day I finally worked up the courage to ask him if he wanted to go with me, he wasn't at school. I was frantically searching for him so I wouldn't chicken out. End of the day, my friend was asking this guy, Eric, who he was going with, he said he didn't have a date yet and she suggested to him that we go together. He asked me, I felt bad and couldn't say no. So we went together. That night at Fling I tried calling David from the payphone at the dance and the line was tied up.... he was asking Mindi out and she was saying yes :(
I just think it's interesting the things that tied us together - all of these weird things.
10 years ago, we were in the hallway at school on our way to our 4th hour (which was ceramics) when David stopped me and said "would you be my girlfriend?" I smiled and said "of course!" It was the day I had been waiting for almost all school year - it was about time!