Saturday, October 27, 2007

We have a little lentil bean!

I am 6 weeks pregnant today! So far it's been OK. I am extremely tired!!! It was like instantly, I can nap at any time of the day. Wow! I didn't get this way with Graycen for a while still. The morning sickness has already kicked in. I had my first incident 2 days ago. When I called to make my first appointment with the midwife, which isn't until November 19, a nurse called me back to "chat." When she called she was asking if I had any questions and such. She asked if I had m/s (morning sickness) with my first child
and how bad was it. I told her I did and it was not good!! She told me to stop taking my PNV (pre-natal vitamin) and to start taking 800mcg of Folic Acid and a Unisom at bedtime. If this didn't help once the m/s kicked in to let them know and they could give me a prescription for something. I started it a couple of days ago - and thank goodness I did! I get sick first thing in the morning and then that is it *knock on wood* Let's hope this keeps up!

Babycenter tells me:
The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see in your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

This is the first babycenter update I have read...are we *really* having a boy??? Hmmm...makes you wonder. It's going be a long 34 weeks - waiting to find out if we have a boy or girl. Since we had no choice but to be surprised with Graycen (the u/s technician couldn't tell what the sex was) we decided to be surprised again. It will be tempting not to ask when we go in for the *big one* in about 14 weeks.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, you're going to wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl?? Good for you, I couldn't resist and I probably won't be able to again next time. How exciting to go though the whole pregnancy thing again. You posting about these things makes me remember how much fun it was to be expecting (minus the not so fun physical side effects). I'm so excited for you guys (I don't think I can say this enough!)

Anonymous said...

My first picture of my new grandbaby........ how exciting.. not an official picture.. but seeing him as he grows is exciting.

You have to keep these pictures coming .. it is fun.

Love You..hang in there.. and taking naps is good.