Friday, June 1, 2007

how sweet it is.....

Here is this week's edition of the Friday Five! Enjoy.

**What’s your favorite goody at your favorite bakery? Well, my absolute favorite is either a raspberry or lemon filled bismarck. My favorite bakery, Rosemark (it's on Snelling, just off of St Claire) I used to go there with my grandparents after church every Sunday when I was little.
**Someone’s visiting from out of town and craves something sweet: Where do you take him or her for an experience he or she can’t get at home? Wow - you know, I couldn't tell you. The best thing I can come up with is Cold Stone Creamery, but that's because I have yet to experience good dessert places! Have any suggestions??
**What’s your favorite order at your favorite ice creamery? The only creamery I have ever been to is Cold Stone, but there, I don't have a favorite...YET! I have loved everything I have tried thus far.
**Oh no! You forgot to save room for dessert! What dessert item on the menu will you order anyway, because you can’t resist? It depends on where I am and what they have. It could be one of the following: Lemon Meringue Pie, French Silk Pie or a hot brownie sundae. nummy.... I also have to add.... "forgot to save room for dessert" there is no such thing!
**You’ve got a craving for sweets, but it’s so late at night that only the corner convenience store is open. What do you get? Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, Cherry Garcia or Double Fudge Brownie.

2 comments:

EDH said...

Oh Kristine, you should try Cafe Latte on Grand & Victoria - that's where I always took out-of-towners!

Also, the BEST ice cream in the Cities is (in my opinion) at Grand Ole Creamery, also on Grand Ave. (Can't remember the cross street, but it's further east, around Dale.) I love Coldstone, but Grand makes their own every day - ohhh, it is so good. The Sweet Cream is heavenly!

Anonymous said...

**What’s your favorite goody at your favorite bakery? Apple Fritter.

**Someone’s visiting from out of town and craves something sweet: Where do you take him or her for an experience he or she can’t get at home? I wish there was some place up here in the north...but there isn't. My guest would just have to be SOL.

**What’s your favorite order at your favorite ice creamery? The only place up here is Dairy Queen's so that would be a regular cone...I love their creamy ice cream

**Oh no! You forgot to save room for dessert! What dessert item on the menu will you order anyway, because you can’t resist? I am not a desert/sweets person, so I would never order dessert, but if I had to give an answer it would be cheese cake.

**You’ve got a craving for sweets, but it’s so late at night that only the corner convenience store is open. What do you get? Everythings closes down so early up here, so I would have to make something at home, and if I am really really in the need for something sweet, I would make eggos with maple syrup.