Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Works for me Wednesday :: How to save those precious drawings without the clutter

My friend Sarah just posted on her blog about how she is having a hard time getting rid of any of the precious drawings her daughter has made for them. When she spoke of that, it reminded me of a tip I read somewhere. I thought it was an excellent tip (one that I will definitely use myself) and thought it might be worth sharing with the rest of you!

Instead of keeping all of the pictures that you "could just never get rid of" piled in a shoe box and without tossing them all out with the recycling I have an alternative. If you have a scanner at home, take each picture and scan it into your computer. Once you've scanned it in, save it in its own folder. You can label each one with the date or just keep it in folders for the month and year or just one large one for the year. At the end of the year just burn everything to a CD. Now you've saved all of the precious artwork without the clutter and can still keep the memories. Of course you still have to save some of the actual hard copies... now that's the hard part - deciding which ones you actually keep.

I also remember someone saying after they've scanned the photo onto the computer, they set their screensaver to rotate these pictures. Now they'll always be in use, too!

For more awesome tips, head on over to We Are That Family.

4 comments:

Monkeymama said...

Thanks for the tip - I think we'll be trying it out! :)

Mama Melissa said...

great idea!

Unknown said...

Fabu idea.

Anonymous said...

I've always resisted this idea...but now I can't remember why! When school gets out, I'll fire up the scanner!