Friday, May 15, 2009

Making the Director's Honor Roll

Whoever said being a mom, wife, homemaker, employee and student was hard work sure wasn't kidding. Since I have started school and had to pick up some hours outside the home at my grandparents' office I feel like I just don't have time for anything.
By the time I get home at night (around 10:30pm) I'm just exhausted. I usually have homework or a test to study for so I can't just go right to bed like most people probably would. My days are long and feel as though they will never end. It sucks.

Being back in school makes me feel like I can do more. I've always known I could do more and be more but I think I've just never actually fully acknowledged it. I love getting out and actually talking to other adults - it's a breath of fresh air. As much as I love my family, I do love me time. Even if my me time is at school learning.

I just finished my first Mod (which was 5 weeks) and had perfect attendance as well as a 4.0 GPA! Now that's awesome! By getting the two of those things, I made the Director's Honor Roll. There were 4 other people that started at the same time as I did and none of them made it with me. I'm the only one with a family at home, a job outside of the home and attending school. Two of the girls work full time outside of school, one stays at home with her son and the other is straight out of high school without a care in the world. This makes me think if I can do it, anyone can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to tell you how proud of you I am. With all that you have on your plate, you have done a fantastic job. Can you just imagine how this country would be run if women only ran it. It would be put back into ship shape in no time. There is something coming in the mail for your achievement.

Monkeymama said...

Good job! :)

Marketing Mama said...

Congrats on your accomplishment - I'm amazed at how you are keeping it all together. :)

Steph said...

Nice work - I knew you'd do great... smarty pants! :)