In the past couple of weeks not a whole lot has happened. Here are the main things:
- Parker is crawling! He turned 9 months old on the 22nd, which just seems way too early to me for him to be crawling. I know it's not, but it just feels like it. Graycen didn't start crawling until she was almost 11 months, I think. I should go back and check on that. (**Ok, I went back to check and Graycen actually started crawling 2 days before she turned 9 months. Where is my head?!**) He did it for the first time last night. I didn't catch it the first time so David grabbed the bowl of popcorn and baited him with it. I grabbed my phone and caught it on video. I will try to post it here. All day long today he kept crawling. I tell ya, give it a couple of days and he will be all over the place. He has even started with a little rug burn on his knees. Time for him to wear pants for sure - at least until he gets the hang of it.
- Parker cut another tooth. He now has 3 teeth and a 4th one is getting ready to cut. He has 2 on the bottom, 1 on the top and it's so cute!
- I am going back to school to become a medical assistant. I start on Thursday of next week and I'm stoked! Long story short is - I wanted to go to school to become a MA but realized thought about how much more money I would make as a nurse so changed my mind and was going to go to nursing school. Well, I have hit so many road blocks with trying to get into nursing school that it made me take a step back think about things. Through my thought process I realized why I was going to nursing school and decided to call about becoming a MA the next day. I called Everest Institute the next morning and said I was looking for some info. Our conversation went something like this. Rep: When are you looking to start? Me: Well, I want to start as soon as possible, but I'm interested in the evening class and I know that one is tougher to get into right away. Rep: Actually, we have one starting April 2 that has a couple of openings. I thought she was totally kidding since that is next week. I asked if there was enough time to get me in, registered and financing stuff taken care of by then. I went in on Tuesday for my entrance exam and to get going on paperwork. The finances lady I needed to see wasn't taking anymore people for the night so I had to go back yesterday to finish it up. I have orientation on Wednesday where I will get my paperwork, info, scrubs (yay!) and some books and have my first day on Thursday. My school week will be Mon-Thu from 6-10pm. The course is 10 months and I will graduate in January. I am so excited! Now if this wasn't meant to be then I don't know what is!
- Graycen is still a little miss smarty pants. She amazes us every day with her vocabulary and the things she has figured out. It's just nuts. She's growing like a weed. The girl is only two and a half and wears 4T clothes. I can't believe how big (tall) she is. She can definitely tell you what she does or doesn't want to do or eat. Sometimes we just step back and really say, "Wow."
- Ive started Weight Watchers again, too. I started up again on the 8th of this month. It always seems the first week is the adjustment week for me. So my first reall week into it again was the week of the 15th. I lost 3lbs my first week and I weigh in again on Sunday. I am excited bacause I know it's making a difference again. I can feel it in my clothes that I am losing! YAY me!!
I promise I will get better at blogging again. I really do miss it, even when it seems like a chore..