Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Indescribable


I apologize in advance for the mixed thoughts and long winded sentences. My thoughts and emotions are everywhere right now and I have yet to get it all straight.

I can't seem to put into words exactly how I am feeling about this enormous change that we are about to embark on as a country. I get so emotional whenever I think about it or talk about it.
I am so excited for the changes that are about to happen. While watching Obama's acceptance speech last night I had a case of the never-ending goosebumps. I kept crying. I would no more than finish drying up my face when the tears would start running down my face again. It got worse when he would make a statement and follow it up with, "Yes, we can" and the crowd would repeat it back. Oh man!

The way I feel about this historical moment is how I felt the very first time I heard Martin Luther King, Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech. It moved me beyond belief.

I just saw this video for the first time when my friend, Carrie, posted it on her blog. It made me cry like a baby.

I am beyond words for how excited and proud I am of our country right now. I can't believe we have made history just now. Go Barack Obama! I am thrilled to have you as my president. And Dr King - slowly but surely, it looks like your dream is coming true.

I'm Kristine and I approve this message!

5 comments:

Katie Osborn said...

Well put...In all honesty, no matter who anyone voted for, we are in a very historical time in our life. I am very optimistic for our future as a country...I also had never-ending goosebumps..

Anti-Supermom said...

well said, and not at all all-over-the-place :)

Rebecca said...

I have yet to watch the acceptance speech... How horrible is that? I'm glad you provided the link. I'm all over that today.

It's pretty amazing, isn't it? We Gen Xers haven't been an active part of major POSITIVE historical events. It's cool, isn't it?

LaTonya Yvette said...

I don't think I went to bed until around 2:00 AM. I had to keep telling myself "This for Real" A historical night for all Americans,

Rachel said...

I'm still pinching myself! Is this for real?! It felt good to finally vote for a winner. :)