Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Getting your daily water in.

Since I am on Weight Watchers, I need to drink a minimum of 48 ounces of water per day (I make my minumum 64 ounces.) I have come up with a way for me to get all of my water in for the day. I have been having a lot of trouble finishing my water daily, so it was imperative that I set something up. I am also quite the pop addict but have somehow gotten myself down to 1 (sometimes 2) pops per day. What I do is this:

I have a 32 ounce nalgene bottle that I fill up with water. I make sure I drink one of these before I can have a pop. So, ideally, I would have my first 32oz gone before lunch time so I don't have to go the whole afternoon without my beloved caffeine! It makes it a lot easier to finish the first one knowing once it's gone I can have a can of pop. It also makes it easier to drink the second one knowing that's all I have to drink for the day. When I do this successfully, I usually drink more than my 64oz for the day because I don't want pop at the end of the night, so i go right for the bottle. Of water, that is! ;-)

So, that's what works for me this week. To see more tips go visit Rocks in my Dryer.

4 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I hear ya about the water intake! So hard to get that in. I found that after a while, I wanted the water more than I wanted the pop.

Crazy...I know! : )

Anonymous said...

I still have trouble getting 64oz down... since I was one of those people that rarely drank water. I found that to get the first 33.8 (bottle size I have) down.. I make sure that first I have to have it gone before lunch.. and then when I take a drink, I have to take 5 large swallows each time. It doesn't take long for me to get the water down... it is the second 33.8 that I have trouble with.. but for someone who rarely drank water.. I do get about 45-50 oz down so far.. between potty runs...

Anti-Supermom said...

I find that when I drink 64 oz. I have to pee all the time, go figure, huh :)

Way to go on all the WW stuff, it's really inspiring.

Rebecca said...

I started the same habit several years ago. Now I go crazy without my water bottle next to me. It's a habit to be sippin' all day. If I need to break it up, I have a little kettle of caffeine free tea. I do indulge in a Coke every now and then... I don't even bother with the Diet version - I take the full-blown sugar bomb!

Great post.