Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our First Date (again)

I'm pretty late in posting this, but hey, better late than never.
Three weeks ago David and I were able to escape the crazies around here to go on a date where we, for the whole night a brief moment, forgot we even had kids!
I set everything up to be a surprise to David. It was so sneaky, I couldn't believe it. My awesome sisters, Kayla & Jordan, came over and watched the kids for us. When they got there, I went in the room, where David and the kids were laying in bed and watching a movie and said, "The babysitters are here." He looked at me with the most confused look I think I have ever seen on his face. He didn't ask me what was going on. I thought that was weird. He got up, smiled and said, "Ooookay. Hmmm. Well, since you obviously knew about this, what should I wear?"
We went to dinner at TGI Friday (yay!) where we had dinner and we each had an alcoholic beverage! This was my first drink in almost 3 years. Can you believe that? We followed it up with a trip to the movies! We hadn't been to the movies together in almost a year and a half. The last movie we saw together was Blades of Glory. Yeah, pretty long. We went and saw Eagle Eye. It was AWESOME!!! When our movie was over we got home to find Mr Parker was still awake (it was after 10pm) and had given Kayla a hard time. Poor guy missed his mama, I guess. It seemed Graycen didn't even care we were gone. That really did feel good!
It felt so good to get out and do something - as adults or better yet, as a couple!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea...... good for you.. you need to do that more..