Back when I first started staying home with Graycen, I was trying to find things to save us money. Some routes I went were making things myself. I found a "recipe" for Homemade Baby Wipes in Super Baby Food and thought I would give it a try. Well, they were super easy to make and I was saving money! YAY! So, here are instructions on how to make your very own baby wipes!
What you need:
- Round plastic container (Rubbermaid #6 or #9 works well )
- A roll of white paper towels (I prefer Viva, since they are strong yet soft)
- Sharp knife to cut paper towel roll in half
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 Tablespoons baby shampoo or baby wash - either works fine
- 1 Tablespoon baby oil
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a knife and remove the inner cardboard core - it works best to use a pliers to take the cardboard out.
- Mix liquid ingredients in container.
- Place the paper towels in the container with the cut side facing downward.
- Secure lid tightly and allow to sit until all liquid is absorbed into the paper towels.
- Turn the container upside-down and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Open container and 'start' the roll by pulling a towel from the inside of the roll.
- Wipes are now ready to use.