Wednesday, March 5, 2008

18 months is a long time

18 long months ago Graycen was born. It doesn't seem like it was that long but at the same time, it feels like it was forever ago. I really can't believe our 'little baby' is one and a half years old! Where does the time go? Here are some things that are current in our home right now!

Things that Graycen loves doing:
*Chasing the cat and yelling "go!" or "no no!" at her.
*Getting up on her step stool and saying "jump!" (Don't worry, we don't let her jump off of it)
*Baths (she would take a bath all day, every day, if we let her)
*Doing her animal puzzles
*Kicking her soccer ball around (and anything spherical that even remotely *resembles* a ball)
*Brushing her teeth
*Coloring
*Reading

Things that Graycen hates doing:
*Going to bed
*Getting her face washed
*Having her picture taken (she likes to see the pictures after they are taken instead)
*Having water poured on her head to wash her hair
*Being around when I vacuum

Graycen's most used words:
*Nope
*Kitty
*Juice
*Book
*More
*Shoe
*Okay
*What's that?
*Apple

In just 6 short months we will be celebrating her 2nd birthday. Wow - that will be another emotional day, I am sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sad how fast they grow up. Maybe that is why I have such a hard time not being a hands on Mother any more. The hardest that that I have ever had to do was to let my kids go. I know that they have always been there for me to go see, but that is not the same. My poor daughter, I would love to be with her 24/7 but I know that is impossible, but when she asks me to go with her someplace, it am so excited. I just love going places with her. I also love to visit with my kids in the cities. I just can't let go.

Kayla96 said...

Geez. I feel like I'm missing so much even though you guys aren't even that far away. Things are insanely hectic right now, but I -am- going to see you, BEFORE Parker is born. The quick little jaunt at your work sooo doesn't count because we didn't get to actually talk. Maybe I'll talk you out to dinner, on me of course. Haha.Ruby Tuesday anyone? Actually...haha, that would be perfect if it was a day that I opened because I get off at 5 then...and now I'm rambling. I'll talk to you about it later, lovie!