Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Recycled Gift Basket Stuffing

This week's works for me Wednesday tip was submitted by my friend, Cindy. I thought it was a great idea and decided to post it for her!

"I've made gift baskets a lot in the past and have always bought the stuffing that goes in the bottom of the basket. I always thought it was a waste of money. But, a couple of years ago, I'd forgotten to buy that stuff and I needed something. I took some brown paper bags and ran it through my shredder. It took quite a few, but I made enough shredding for stuffing! Everybody raved about the idea -- and it was free!"

Thanks for the awesome tip, Cindy! Just another way to be frugal and THAT works for me!
To check out more great ideas, visit Rocks in my Dryer.

7 comments:

Anti-Supermom said...

I cannot express to you how much I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I can't wait for this evening and I can start some shredding...

Frugal Finds said...

Great idea!!!!

The Pennington Point said...

genius! thanks for sharing. Lisa~

MediMonsters said...

As a scrapbooker, I bet I could use old patterend paper too to add some color--huh?? Great tip!!

Lynn said...

Great idea. I've also started using those small scraps of wrapping paper that are too miniscule for any other use. I just use my scissors and cut them in really thin strips and throw them in a plastic bag that I store with my gift bags. They make really colorful filling for gift baskets, or even just a festive look peeking out of a gift bag. And since I would just be throwing away the scraps anyway . . .

Jen said...

What a great idea - thanks!

Tanya said...

Great idea! I have done this with various colored papers to match the theme of the basket or gift bag. Just don't try it with tissue paper like I did. It will jam your shredder. Oops!