Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - No More Messy Table

I have learned, after MANY messy tables from crafting, how to keep the table clean. As soon as I thought of this it was seriously a DUH! moment.
Instead of having to wash the table and try to get paint off of the wood and such.. I just lay down a table cloth. I bought a picnic table table cloth on clearance for $.99 a couple of years ago at Target in hopes of using it on a camping trip (which we never went on) I was going through stuff a couple of weeks ago and came across it. I pulled it out and seriously said, "I know what I can do with this!" and nobody else was here.
It works great. I don't even bother wiping the paint and glue off of the cloth. I just empty it off, fold it up and put it in the craft bin.
That's what works for me! For more tips go check out Rocks in my Dryer.

6 comments:

Marketing Mama said...

Hi Kristine! I do the same thing for kid crafts at our house! It's awesome and so nice not to worry about the table. :)

Trina said...

Great idea. I have a few plastic ones that I bought for a party and never used...

Momof3 said...

I usually use butcher paper but this sounds more economical. Thanks for the tip.

Anti-Supermom said...

Good idea - I usual end up calling what is left on the table 'character'.

PS - I did your tag - sort of :)

Rebecca said...

If only I could craft...

Rachel said...

This is great! I thought of your idea when I laid out my layers of newspaper today. I need to get myself a cheap tablecloths.