Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Indoor S'mores!

Since I absolutely *LOVE* s'mores and I obviously can't build a bonfire every night to make them, I have figured out how to make them inside! I can even toast them and get the crunchies on the outside of the marshmallow!!

**First, gather your s'mores supplies: Graham crackers (I prefer the honey kind), chocolate bar, marshmallows, fork.

**Break your graham cracker in half (so it's in two squares)


**Break your chocolate down to an appropriate size to fit on the graham cracker. I have found that 3 in a row works well, plus one more on the side if you like it to be super chocolaty.

**Put your marshmallow on your fork and turn on the stove. It doesn't matter if you have a gas or electric burner. If you have electric, (like I do) turn it up to high and be sure not to touch the burner with the marshmallow, otherwise it will stick to the burner and that is not a fun mess. Keep turning it around until it is a nice toasted color that you like. I like mine to start on fire (which it can do on the electric stove, you just have to be patient) and then blow it out for all kinds of crunchies!



**When your marshmallow is done, put it on top of the chocolate and graham, use the top graham to push down and get the marshmallow off the fork.

**Eat!
A few years ago, my sister-in-law, Sherri, experimented and got a few different supplies to give us choices while making s'mores at the annual family get together. Some of the concoctions that we tried - and devoured - were using peanut butter cups, miniature candy bars (krackle, mr goodbar..etc) instead of chocolate bars, nilla wafers and oreos instead of graham crackers. My fave was definitely the peanut butter cup instead of the cocolate bar. You should try it, you just might like it!

Check out more tips from other moms (and dads) at Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

LutherLiz said...

My favorite Smore's chocolate variation is a Ghiridelli (sp) Carmel chocolate square. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I know people just love S'mores and you know.. they look so good, but because I not a "chocolate" person or sweets as far as that goes... I just cannot eat them.. they are just too sweet for me.. but I am thinking that maybe if I try "dark" chocolate I might like it because the dark chocolate isn't as sweet...

Amanda said...

I have been wanting to make smores soo bad. I just bought all the stuff to make them, but I didn't think it could be done on my electric stove! So thank you for the tip!

Anti-Supermom said...

I didn't know about the tovetop smore. I love it!