Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Empty Egg Cartons = Disposable Paint Cups

Lately I have been loving all of the "Works for Me Wednesday" tips over at Rocks in my Dryer and decided I am going to participate! Some people do a Wordless Wednesday - like Jessica or Carrie, some people do a Weigh in Wednesday - like Missy. I think they are really fun and want to participate in something, too!
My first tip that I have of something that works for me is:
Using empty egg cartons as paint holders. When Graycen finger paints we use the Crayola Washable Finger Paints - which by the way are wonderful!! They come in a squeeze tube and are a gel like consistency. Graycen doesn't always want the paint just dropped on the paper, so what I have started doing is cutting the cups from the egg cartons in twos and using those as her paint cups. I squeeze some paint in them and she dips her little fingers in and wipes it all over the paper. When she is done painting, we toss the cups! One less dish to wash and it's another way to reuse something that you would have tossed in the trash in the first place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cleaver. Love to see another picture of her finger painting.

Marketing Mama said...

Great idea - I'm impressed! :)

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Oh yay! That's a really good tip. We have those paints, too, which we'll use when David gets a bit older. i'll be sure to use that tip!

Anti-Supermom said...

Good for you. I'm all about those dot-paints instead. I can't stand cleaning the brushes, the table, the kids...

Good thing they paint at preschool.

Marketing Mama said...

Hey Kristine, thanks for your nice words on my blog the other night. I really appreciate it. :)